AT&T will be holding a hackathon at the AT&T Foundry in Plano this weekend focused around the ” internet of things” and machine-to-machine concepts.
With over $10,000 in prizes, this is probably a free event that you want to check out!
Here are all the details or visit the EventBrite page:
Bring your arduinos, raspberry pis and embeds to come build machines you control remotely with your phone (there will also be a limited supply of embedded boards and sensors provided). Lead engineers from top corporations in the field including AT&T and ARM will be onsite to assist in your build.
The Internet of Things and the next generation of Machine-to-Machine (M2M) is all about connecting assets and smart devices to enable valuable services. So join the exciting world of M2M by creating your own smart device and connecting it with the AT&T Cloud. The Hackathon exposes teams to the whole M2M innovation cycle, creating your own smart M2M device on an Arduino platform, and connecting it through AT&T’s 3G network to the AT&T Cloud. The AT&T M2M Challenge will be led by device and AT&T Cloud experts. So join the Hackathon, innovate and turn your ideas into reality.
Event Schedule. The following is a list of the weekends agenda:
- September 14th, 2013
- 11AM - Kickoff event with networking, and developer dating which leads into idea pitches and team formation.
- 12PM - Lightning talks.
- 01PM - Idea pitches and team formation. Pitch your ideas and form teams or just start coding with your preformed teams.
- 06PM - Dinner is served!
- 12AM - End of the night. Go home, get some rest and come back the next day refreshed!
- September 15th, 2013
- 10AM - The fun continues with the final day of the hackathon. Continue to work with your team to finish coding and polishing your app. Senseis will be available throughout the final hours to help you code up your solution. App submissions will be accepted throughout the day with a deadline of 6PM.
- 1PM - Lunch
- 2PM - Pencils down. Please sign up your teams to present via this link: http://bit.ly/hackprezreg Pitches start promptly at 6PM and are limited to three (3) minutes per team. No powerpoints unless you are only presenting an idea.
Prizes. The following prizes are experiential and geared towards accelerating you towards a successful business as well as expanding your network and industry knowledge:
- Best Hackathon Overall App - Win cash and the team gets to present the startup/idea at the AT&T M2M Foundry Launch on 9/17 at the same location.
- 1st Place – $5,000 Cash for the team to split
- 2nd Place – $3,000 in Cash for the team to split
- 3rd Place – $2,000 in Cash for the team to split
- Best Use of AT&T APIs
- 1st Place – One (1) Sierra Wireless Unite 4G LTE Device with One (1) month of 1GB AT&T DataConnect service
Judging Criteria. Apps will be judged based on the criteria below and weighted accordingly.
- 33% Weight – Ability to clearly articulate what your app does
- 33% Weight – Originality of idea
- 33% Weight – Technically challenging implementation