Senior PHP Developer
Who You Are
You were born to be a developer. You have the wonderful ability to control computers with code; you're amazing at it. Everyone always seems to seek your advice, skill, or approval when dealing with technology. Sometimes you love it more when you don't have the answer, because it poses as an opportunity to learn something new. You are at point in your career where you love to help others succeed in the craft but aren't quite ready to give up the game just yet.
Lifeblue has just the opportunity for you.
Lifeblue is a digital agency in McKinney, TX focusing on working with organizations and institutions that impact the world in a positive way. We'd love for you to join us in helping create technology and platforms that literally make the world a better place. With clients like Dallas Morning News, Heifer International, Perot Museum of Nature and Science and many others, there is no shortage of places where your personal contributions will make a difference. Not to mention, Lifeblue is a growing company and needs talented individuals like you to help us succeed.
A Look at the Role
We know that developers come in all shapes, sizes, and backgrounds so there is certainly no "one size fits all." However, here are a few of the items you are knowledgeable in, have done, or would like to do.
- Alphabet soup: PHP, MySQL, Git, MVC, CMS, OOP, DRY, grep, NoSQL, mongoDB, SSH, REST, cURL, bash, PSR-0/1/2
- Help coworkers debug and sort through development issues
- Build enterprise level web applications
- Innovate and improve approaches to technology and web development
- Passionately discuss the ramifications of a feature. Articulately suggest alternative solutions. Implement the "right" one.
- Can prioritize the following list correctly and explain why:
- Separation of concerns
- Application performance
- Rapid development
- Have "programmer morals". Know when to compromise them.
- Be able to explain any of the requirements above to a client in a way that makes them smarter.
Everyone Likes Perks
- Competitive compensation, profit sharing, health/dental/vision benefits, 401(k).
- Incredibly flexible scheduling and vacationing. No limiting "vacation policy" or set "work hours."
- A results-only work environment.
- The chance to work with a special collection of talented people that balance truth and passion.
- An opportunity to shape this company. We need your expertise.
- A culture that fosters growth and pushes you to reach further. But then grabs a beer after work on a Friday.
- Video games, office music, board games, group events, team sports, and a great sense of camaraderie to help keep everyone sane.
- An environment of constant collaboration with other team members. A challenge, but a rewarding one.
It All Starts with A Conversation
If you think this might be something you are interested in, let us know. A conversation never hurts. We want this to be a mutual fit so we'll shoot your straight and see if this makes sense. Send an email with your resume and cover to email@example.com and let's talk!