Givelify: Where FinTech meets Philanthropy. Here at Givelify, we are an engineering company operating with the core belief that we CAN and WILL solve real-world problems -- and we’ll do so in ways that make a truly sustainable difference.
Since our inception in 2013, Givelify's engineering team has tirelessly and successfully challenged itself to deliver the most beautiful giving experience. Our dedication to making the world a better place through the fusion of technology and generosity has evolved from the initial brainstorming sessions of a group of ambitious former engineering classmates to what is now the fastest growing and highest rated giving platforms in the world. Beyond apps and interfaces, Givelify’s goal was always to make the experience of giving as beautiful as the act of giving, and this we feel we’ve accomplished.
We now embark on solving the next set of challenges in our unending quest to revolutionize the world of philanthropy: Our mission is to instantly and seamlessly connect people with causes that inspire them to action, all the while bringing true transparency to the world of giving.
In order to accomplish this we are looking to have a Principal full stack engineer with a “take no prisoners” attitude to join our team.
Why is Engineering at Givelify Different:
- Moonshots are our norm.
- Our product impacts real people on the ground.
- We build with passion.
- High standard of engineering quality.
- Solve unique scalability challenges.
- You will have the ability to touch all aspects of Engineering and Product Development
- Lead engineering efforts in building out new features that directly impact the relationship between causes and their supporters.
- Engineer highly available, scalable software and data architectures.
- Build out real-time analytics and reporting dashboards that are optimized for big data and synced in real time across multiple clients.
- Work with a small team of experienced and highly talented engineers in a CI/CD environment with cutting edge technologies.
- Work with our frontend team to fine tune our REST APIs.
- Work with our devops team to ensure a scalable, secure, redundant, distributed production environment system.
- Implement mathematical and machine learning algorithms under guidance from Givelify’s data scientists.
- Mentor junior engineers by setting good examples for clean, testable, effective code.
Our evolving stack:
- Development: PHP (Yii), Node.js, Angular, Python, Spark,
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Github, Jira, Selenium, PHPUnit
If you have:
- Experience in building large scale distributed web applications.
- Excellent object-oriented development skills.
- Deep understanding of graph design principles with a strong background full-stack development environments.
- Optimization of databases for big data environment, structuring of queries for fast responses.
- Past experience in significant cross-functional engineering efforts.
Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, etc.).
- Deep understanding of big O notation and algorithm complexity analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience leading engineering/development teams.
- A Bachelor's with 5+ years of experience or a M.S./Ph.D. with relevant academic/research experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent degree.
Our ideal teammate:
- An excellent problem solver, a hacker by nature.
- You think of the entire system and the effect of your code on everything else.
- Ability to thrive under pressure; you think of roadblocks as just alternate routes.
- You love to learn new technologies quickly and pivot as the project evolves.
- You enjoy working with small to mid-sized development teams.
- You like being self-led but can still align with your teammates.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, hard-working, self-motivated, confident, and gritty.
- You have interest in open source projects, especially in the security space.
- You try to give back to your community through social or engineering projects
Givelify was born out of a passion to make the world a better place and the frustrations we felt trying to do so in the same old ways. Trusted by over 12,000 places of worship and charities, the Givelify app is the most downloaded giving app used by the fastest growing community of philanthropists in the world. We are bringing radical transformations to philanthropy.
If you are looking for a promising and expanding company (not just a job), a fun and fast-paced environment, and the gratification of taking a feisty tech startup to the next level, you've come to the right place.
Bring your passion for engineering exceptional software applications and join a dynamic team that values the entrepreneurial spirit! Together, we will make the world a better place one donation at a time.