Juma strives to break the cycle of poverty by paving the way to work, education, and financial capability for youth across America. In 1993, Juma Ventures (www.Juma.org) became the first nonprofit organization to own and operate a commercial franchise—a single Ben & Jerry’s ice cream shop in San Francisco. Since then, Juma has grown into a nationally-recognized youth development organization serving nearly 800 low-income students each year at 13 different major sporting venues in seven cities – New Orleans, New York City, Oakland, San Francisco, Santa Clara and Seattle. Juma has employed more than 5,000 young people who have generated $23 million in enterprise revenue, earned $5 million in wages and saved $3.2 million for higher education. Juma has received numerous awards for its work including the National Youth Employment Coalition’s PEPNet Award, a Community Achievement Award from the Social Enterprise Alliance, the Social Impact Exchange Business Plan and the Seattle Business Times Social Impact Award. Most recently, Juma was recognized with the California Association of Nonprofits Achievement in Innovation Award; was one of five nonprofits awarded the “Game Changer” grant by the 50 Fund, the philanthropic arm of the Super Bowl 50 Host; and, after just two years of operations, Juma Seattle was a Silver Recipient of Seattle's Business Magazine's Community Impact Award.
Juma is looking for great people who share our passion for working with youth and for using business as a tool for sustainable social impact. Our workplace is supportive, open, inclusive and relevant, focused on youth, empowerment, dedication and respect.
This is a part-time role. Reporting to the Enterprise Manager, this role will support day-to-day operations of Juma’s youth concessions operation in Dallas. The Assistant Enterprise Manager will supervise and train a large staff, lead by example and run the full operations to drive sales while teaching critical skills for the development of our staff.
Concession operations include multiple stands at all stadium events. The Assistant Enterprise Manager should have an entrepreneurial spirit, interest in youth development and a willingness to work in the high volume food service management industry. Experience in customer service and ability to select and develop a team of support youth managers to work under you is a critical part of the role.
Responsibilities and Duties
Day-to-Day Concession Operations
- Supervise employees with stand inventory and cash handling
- Maintain a strong relationship with concessionaire partners and fill out all applicable stand paperwork
- Order and receive inventory management
- Ensure cleanliness of stand and proper opening and closing procedures
- Assist Enterprise Manager with scheduling youth staff and payroll reports
Staff Management and Development
- Support Enterprise Manager to recruit, hire, supervise, motivate, manage and develop the capabilities of youth staff.
- Provide ongoing support and feedback to youth regarding their job performance.
- Assist in the creation of professional development trainings and workshops.
Qualifications and Skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, motivated, and able to take initiative in all situations; ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and inclusive environment.
- LGBTQ, bicultural, and/or minority applicants as well as applicants experienced within foster care systems are especially encouraged to apply
- All prospective staff will be fingerprinted and pass a criminal background check
Job Details : Reports to: Dallas Enterprise Manager
Job Location: Dallas, TX
Starting Salary: $12/hr (based on experience)
Classification: Part-Time Non-Exempt
Hours/Week: 20+ Hours. Evenings and weekends required – following events schedule.
Education: High School Diploma required, some college preferred
Years of Experience: Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience
Please submit the following to Cassandra Yee at cassandray[at]juma.org:
- A thoughtful cover letter outlining your interest in the position and how your qualifications align with the above requirements and Juma’s focus and mission
- Current resume
Due to the volume of responses, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.