Collide Village is a start-up platform that transforms Ideas into Successful Companies. We are investors building some amazing and cool startup companies. We recently launched CoBuild, a new startup studio program where we are building, educating and investing in people to create ventures that provide solutions to real business problems and create value for our investors. We are helping launch multiple companies right now and want to grow our team with the best people. Collide invests money and time and skills in great ideas and great teams. We are looking for a Marketing Coordinator to help us manage our program, engage with our portfolio companies, and promote Collide Village in the local, regional, and national startup ecosystem.
The Marketing Coordinator works side by side with the Collide team, helping transform early stage ideas into viable companies. The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for organizing our team, coordinating events, managing our media, and aiding our companies.
The best candidates will have a strong academic background, an entrepreneurial mindset, excellent verbal and written communications skills, and a demonstrated ability in business development and community relations.
- Engage with Collide Village’s founders and coordinate activities, meetings and events that drive them toward success
- Manage speaker sessions and seminars with industry experts
- Identify opportunities to create new programs to drive engagements
- Manage and drive social media channels and all activities
- Maintain monthly updates on metrics for our portfolio
- Manage relationships with local, regional, and national sponsors of Collide Village
- Represent the Collide Village network overall, work on strategic initiatives and develop meaningful and beneficial relationships between corporations, sponsors and other startup communities
Qualifications and Traits:
- 2-5 years of work experience in business development, community relations, or program and project management
- Strong interest and competence around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, or venture capital
- A passion for networking and connection
- Self-motivated and independently driven
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Experience in event planning and event logistics
- Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities and an ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks…”whatever it takes” attitude is a must!
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction, but high expectations
About Collide Village
We focus on building, educating and investing in people to create ventures that provide solutions to real business problems and create value for our investors. We use lean startup and other evidenced-based, data-driven methodologies to validate ideas and develop quick paths to revenue. We accelerate this process by providing shared resources and services as well as advice on structure, vendors, technology, and administration like HR, finance, and accounting.
We believe that culture matters and strive to foster an enjoyable, rewarding, and positive experience from early stage ideation through growth and exit. Our teams are characterized by people who demonstrate integrity, initiative, creativity, energy, enthusiasm, and an ability to receive and incorporate constructive feedback. Flexibility and a sense of humor are hallmarks of everyone at Collide Village.
Collide Village maintains a policy of non-discrimination for all employees and applicants in every facet of organization. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background investigation.