Collide Village is a start-up platform that transforms Ideas into Successful Companies. We are investors building some amazing and cool startup companies. We recently launched CoBuild, a new startup studio program where we are building, educating and investing in people to create ventures that provide solutions to real business problems and create value for our investors. We are helping launch multiple companies right now and want to grow our team with the best people. Collide invests money and time and skills in great ideas and great teams. We are looking for an Investment Analyst to help us manage our portfolio companies, make evidence-based investment decisions, and engage with our teams and investors.
The Investment Analyst works side by side with the Collide Village team, evaluating investments by analyzing market trends, tracking competitive landscapes and performing company related due diligence.
The best candidates will have a strong academic background, an entrepreneurial mindset, strong connections within the investor landscape, excellent verbal and written communications skills, and a demonstrated ability in financial and investment analysis.
- Conduct comprehensive market/industry, financial, operational, business and return due diligence on potential investments to the management team
- Create and manage investor relationships and assist in fundraising activities for existing and subsequent venture funds
- Create and manage relationships with innovative corporations
- Provide operational support to portfolio companies in Collide’s growing portfolio
- Manage relationships with the broader venture capital and startup ecosystem to provide resources to Collide’s portfolio
- Build financial models for individual companies including scenario analysis to support investment strategies
- Manage initiatives and engagement with portfolio companies and investors
- Assist the Collide Village team in all projects and initiatives
Qualifications and Traits:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong analytical skills
- 2-3 years of work experience in investment industry
- Strong interest and competence around fund-raising, technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and independently driven
- Flexibility to work extended hours during heavy workloads and events
- Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities and an ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks…”whatever it takes” attitude is a must!
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction, but high expectations
About Collide Village:
We focus on building, educating and investing in people to create ventures that provide solutions to real business problems and create value for our investors. We use lean startup and other evidenced-based, data-driven methodologies to validate ideas and develop quick paths to revenue. We accelerate this process by providing shared resources and services as well as advice on structure, vendors, technology, and administration like HR, finance, and accounting.
We believe that culture matters and strive to foster an enjoyable, rewarding, and positive experience from early stage ideation through growth and exit. Our teams are characterized by people who demonstrate integrity, initiative, creativity, energy, enthusiasm, and an ability to receive and incorporate constructive feedback. Flexibility and a sense of humor are hallmarks of everyone at Collide Village.
Collide Village maintains a policy of non-discrimination for all employees and applicants in every facet of organization. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background investigation.