04 Oct SCENES FROM: #LinkedInLocal Fort Worth
- Featured Event: LinkedIn Local – meetup concept that allows Linkedin users to connect with their networks offline, and create meaningful interactions.
- Venue: WeWork Clearfork
- Organizers: Joe Crenshaw, Evans Duren & Jake Jordan
- Prominent Speaker: Evans Duren
- Sponsors: Rev19, WeWork, Beacon Hill Technologies, TeffBar, VIIA Yoga
- Hashtags Of The Night: #Business # Networking #DeeperDive #LinkedInLocal
LinkedIn local was not your typical business-networking event. It wasn’t intended to generate a profit for the haute venue of WeWork Clearfork, or for the guest speaker, Evans Duren. In fact, proceeds were donated to SafeResponse, a local charity that supports the protection and care for current victims of domestic violence. And in addition to the generous benevolence, participants were still given tremendous Tex-Mex, a variety of beverages, a swag bag, and free professional headshots. Is it just me, or did you need an updated LinkedIn headshot, too?! #howthoughtful
The event itself had a unique endeavor: spawning REAL connections with people in your area. Organizers Joe Crenshaw, Evans Duren & Jake Jordan, conducted a ‘poll game’ setting everyone on a mission to connect with others and discover what they do to: learn, grow, laugh, find inspiration, and earn a living. It was visible from my circulating vantage point, that people who had come as strangers had now gained new insights about business, or life in general and had maybe even become friends. Truly connecting. Isn’t that what networking is really about?
Got a hot event we should cover? Shoot us a line!