DaaS Software Provider Raises $100 Million to Accelerate Growth; Fort Worth Firm Leads Round
Crestline Investors leads round with participation from North Bridge Venture Partners, 83North, Advanced Technology Ventures, Heritage Group, Andreessen Horowitz, and Others to Capitalize on $50B Market Opportunity as Enterprises Embrace Multi-Cloud Data-as-a-Service
Actifio, the world’s leading enterprise Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) software provider, today announced it has raised $100 million in a financing round led by Fort Worth-based Crestline Investors and joined by North Bridge Venture Partners, 83North, Advanced Technology Ventures, Heritage Group, Andreessen Horowitz, and other existing investors. The investment, which brings the company’s valuation to more than $1.3 billion, is a testament to Actifio’s established leadership in delivering multi-cloud data management software solutions to more than 3,000 enterprises worldwide.
Ash Ashutosh, Founder & CEO of Actifio, said, “Every day, we deliver on our mission of enabling global enterprises to accelerate their businesses by unlocking the strategic value of data – on-premises or across a multi-cloud architecture. Organizations worldwide use Actifio software to deliver Data-as-a-Service, making data the new infrastructure for security, DevOps, analytics, compliance and governance. Using the hardware and infrastructure of their choice, on-premises, in public cloud and hybrid multi-cloud. Crestline gets this. We are excited to partner with Crestline to further accelerate data-driven business transformation initiatives in the global market.”
Founded in 1997, Crestline is an institutional alternative investment management firm that specializes in credit and opportunistic investments, including financing and restructuring solutions for mature private equity funds. In addition, the firm manages a multi-PM equity market-neutral hedge fund, and provides beta and hedging Solutions for institutional clients. Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, the company maintains affiliate offices in New York City, Chicago, London, Toronto and Tokyo.
Will Palmer, Managing Director at Crestline Investors, said, “Under the leadership of industry veteran Ash Ashutosh, Actifio is well positioned for continued success as the pioneer and innovator in the DaaS market. We have been impressed with the broad capabilities of Actifio’s software and the immense value proposition it delivers to its customer base across multiple vital use cases. We look forward to continued growth at the company.”
Accelerated Enterprise Adoption Driving Company Momentum
- Accelerating enterprise adoption: Continued sequential and year-on-year growth in attracting the world’s leading brands including 5 of top 20 global financials, 4 of the top 10 energy companies, 3 of the top 10 healthcare providers, 6 of the top 10 service providers and 4 of the top 20 global retail organizations.
- Accelerating public and hybrid cloud adoption: Nearly 20% of sales are driven by global enterprises adopting public cloud platforms either in hybrid or cloud-native architectures.
- Pioneer and industry leader for managing massive database workloads: More than 80% of Actifio users are driven by the need for scale and performance to manage databases that power business-critical applications. Nearly 60% of revenues now occur in DevOps and test data management environments. Actifio today protects and accelerates development for the largest single database instances, including several that are hundreds of terabytes in size, that are at the heart of the business. Over the past year, Actifio has broadened enterprise support for SQL, NoSQL, on-premises and cloud-resident databases and applications.
- Technology leadership: Actifio was recognized in Gartner’s Critical Capabilities report as a leader in virtual environments, public cloud, databases, and self-service along with being named a visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Solutions.
- Outstanding customer satisfaction: Actifio was recognized as a 2018 Gartner Peer Insights Customer’s Choice solution for enterprise data center backup and recovery.
- Continued expansion of cloud platform and OEM partnerships: Advancing new joint solutions and expanded routes to market with IBM, Google, Microsoft, and others.
- Hugely successful inaugural worldwide user conference in June, Data Driven 2018: Seminal annual conference bringing together global business and IT leaders who are driving data-driven transformation of their business.
Steve Duplessie, Founder and Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group, said, “Actifio has staked out a unique and incredibly powerful position in the marketplace. Being the first to recognize the power of enabling organizations to leverage their data assets anytime, anywhere for any reason has led them to a customer base of over 3,000 marquee names in a very short time. This funding should help them step on the gas pedal.”