HOT TICKET: Governor Abbott Hosts Small Business Forum for North Texas
Governor Abbott’s Small Business Forum, sponsored by the U.S. India Chamber of Commerce DFW, is a must-attend for budding entrepreneurs in North Texas. Bringing together the inspiring ideas, best practices, and successful leaders from Texas, and beyond, this year’s conference aims to catalyze the fast-growing entrepreneurial ecosystem that has sprouted in North Texas by educating and inspiring the next generation of entrepreneurs. Panel discussions will include: leadership development, small business financing, procurement opportunities, and technology for small businesses to name a few.
The Chamber’s primary goal for the event is to enhance and foster the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Texas that will ultimately lead to economic development in the North Texas region.
The Conference will be held at the Coppell Conference Center on Wednesday, October 4, 2017 from 10am – 3:30pm. Approximately 200 small business owners and entrepreneurs are expected in attendance.
SPECIAL OFFER: 50% off registration with the code USICOCCP
Governor’s Small Business Forum 2017
9:30am: Registration and Networking Breakfast
- Senator Don Huffines
- Chairman Andres Alcantar, Texas Workforce Commission
- Workforce Solutions
11:00am: Small to Significant: A panel discussion by CEOs from varied backgrounds who will share their experiences of growing their businesses from small enterprises to companies of significance
- Suhas Naik, Partner, Sava Holdings Ltd.
- Betty Manetta, President & CEO, Argent Associates Inc.
- Prabhu Patil, CEO, Prolim Global Corporation
- Moderator: Dr. Rajiv Shah, Professor, JSOM, UT Dallas
12:00pm: Governor’s Small Business Awards & Luncheon 1:00pm: Enabling Small Business Development Through Technology: A panel discussion among tech entrepreneurs who enhance small business development through their products and services.
2:00pm: Identifying Preliminary Growth Opportunities: A panel discussion by representatives of Governmental Entities, Multinational Corporations and other large organizations, with procurement opportunities for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Suzanne Cruz-Sewell, AVP, Business Diversity and Development, DFW International Airport
- Mari Phonasa, Procurement Manager, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Mike Villelo, National Manager, Procurement Operations, Toyota North America
- Oliver Turman, Director, Supplier Diversity, AT&T
- DIR TBC
3:00pm: Closing Remarks