Parent portal prepares kids for kindergarten and beyond

By Marlene Den Bleyker

Parents play a large role in the development of children, so when preparing a child for kindergarten, it is important to embrace those teachable moments that can lead a child to academic success.

Ready Rosie is a platform that offers parents two-minute, daily activities that allow parents to interact directly with their children to prepare them for grade school. Keith Holliday, lead software engineer at Ready Rosie, of Pascal Learning, Inc., says that 66 percent of children are only somewhat prepared or not at all prepared for kindergarten, leaving only 34 percent of the child population ready to tackle kindergarten adequately.

Through research, the company learned that 80 to 90 percent of parents access the Internet once a day. To reach these parents, Ready Rosie sends a “Daily Ding” via email or text with two-minute videos modeling real-life teaching scenarios. School systems using the platform have noticed increases in literacy and math skills in the children actively involved in the program.

Ready Rosie is available through school districts and boasts users in 23 states and over 100 communities. Modeled to align with national educational standards, the program is customization to meet local needs.

  • Raquel Vincent is a Dallas-based creative with a knack for words and inspired creative direction. When she's not working, you can find Raquel hitting a gallery opening, working on her book, or thrifting for unforgettable vintage finds. She loves music festivals, tacos, and her rescue cat Berlioz.

You May Also Like

Startup Dallas: Matt Himelfarb, Dallas Venture Partners

Startup Dallas is a webseries and podcast hosted by Jason Croft that brings you ...

BigDNT: Inception Lightning

What do you get when a pro-circuit Tennis players meets a Psychology degree, meets ...