24 Jun Equity Crowdfunding Town Hall to take place in Arlington
Curious about equity crowdfunding? Check out the Texas Equity Crowdfunding Town Hall next week in Arlington. Thinkcrowdfund.com, in collaboration with the Texas State Securities Board, U.S. Small Business Administration, City of Arlington Public Library, CrowdPay, NextSeed, Lendoor, MassVenture, TruCrowd.com and Comerica Bank, will host its upcoming equity crowdfunding town hall in Arlington, Texas on June 30, 2015. The exciting new town hall was created for Texas business owners interested in selling shares in their businesses to raise capital. Attendees will learn more about Texas’ new Intrastate equity crowdfunding rules, more about the new JOBS Act Reg A+ regulations recently approved by the SEC, the new equity crowdfunding portals and crowdfunding tips from experts. Register for upcoming event happening June 30, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
What to Expect:
- The town hall meeting is designed to help Texas residents understand how the rules apply to issuers (Texas-based businesses), equity crowdfunding platforms, and non-accredited investors.
- Attendees will receive materials and tools on how to register with the state, file disclosure forms and tips on complying with state regulations.
- Attendees will learn who is eligible to market securities in the State of Texas, the proper process for launching an equity crowdfunding campaign, which platforms are registered with the state and what investors can do to protect themselves.
- Issuers will receive tips on how to create a transparent and successful crowdfunding campaign.
- Local experts will share how equity crowdfunding may economically impact local businesses and communities.
Moderator and Panelists
Patricia Loutherback, Director of Registrations Texas State Securities Board
Elsie Collins, Deputy District Director – U.S. Small Business Administration
Cynthia Nevels, Founder and Chief Crowdfunding Strategist – ThinkCrowdFund.com
Nathan Roach, Vice President of Business Development – MassVenture
David B. Schnierle, Senior Vice President – GoldStar Trust and CrowdPay.com
Abe Chu, Co-Founder – NextSeed
Vicent Petrescu, CEO – TruCrowd Texas
Viktoria Krane, CEO and Co-Founder – Lendoor.com
Sign In, Refreshments and Networking
Panel A – Government Regulators
Panel B – Equity Crowdfunding Portals
Panel C – Crowdlending Portals
Moderated Q & A
Announcements and Adjourn
For more details and to RSVP, click here.