17 Feb VentureSpur Rebrands as REVTECH
The venture accelerator and seed fund formerly known as VentureSpur announced its rebrand to REVTECH Accelerator just recently, in a public release.
“Our mission is to facilitate the technological evolution of the restaurant and retail industry,” said David Matthews, REVTECH’s Managing Director. “We achieve this by attracting, mentoring, and connecting smart entrepreneurs with viable products to talent, customers, and investors.”
REVTECH has assembled an advisory board with ties to retail industries, consisting of Michelle Bogan (Macy’s, Bloomingdales), Steve Dennis (Neiman Marcus, Sears), Greg Fasullo (EnTouch Controls, Valere Power), and Gab Goncalves (People Answers).
The program provides mentors and partners who will be working directly with the startups throughout the program, which begins in June.
Ideal startups for the program should:
– have an experienced founding team
– are developing an innovative product or service likely to have significant impact in the retail marketplace
– preferably have a demonstrable product
– have implemented one or more successful market tests
– must be prepared to raise Angel or Series A venture capital round at the end of the program
REVTECH provides each participant in the 14-week program with a seed investment of $40,000, office space at the DEC, mentors, workshops, and plenty of opportunity. The program culminates in Pitch Day, where the startups present on their product.