Uber continues their special occasion craziness with the introduction of Uber Sky, an opportunity for you to skywrite a message to your significant other with the same ease as requesting an Uber ride.
At just $500, it’s a steal, right?
Here are all the details from the Uber blog:
For one day only, hopeless romantics in New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, and San Diego can send a turbocharged love letter — powered by MasterCard Priceless Surprises — right from the Uber app. UberSKY costs $500, but sharing your love in the Great Blue Yonder is priceless. Here’s how it works:
- Open Uber between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. this Friday, 2/14
- Brainstorm a romantic message (12 characters max)
- If it’s available, request the UberSKY option
- Confirm the $500 price tag and wait for an Uber rep to call
- We’ll ask for your message and tell you when you can expect to see it in the sky
Demand will be high, so please be persistent if you’re unable to order skywriting on your first try. (Hint: If you’re a MasterCard holder, we’d strongly suggest adding that card to your Uber account and using it to purchase UberSKY — you might just find that your skywriting experience is truly priceless.) Everyone can join the lovefest by tweeting pics of the UberSKY messages with the hashtag #SkysTheLimit.
In addition to this, Uber has teams up with ProFlowers to fill their cars with fresh flowers. If you take an Uber ride tomorrow you’ll have a good chance of getting a rose and Proflowers discount.