TEDx TurtleCreekWomen to Showcase “Invented Here” Dallas-style
This Friday the Dallas-area will enjoy its first TEDxWomen event, to be held at the Winspear Opera House.
The event will continue with the TEDWomen’s theme of “Invited Here”, though of course with a Dallas-style twist. Over 15 speakers, innovators and thought leaders from around the metroplex, will take the stage to share their ideas for solutions to poverty, education, the economy, and more.
“My vision is to show the world what an amazing and diverse group of trailblazers we have right here in Dallas,” Tilde Guajardo, TEDxTurtleCreekWomen organizer, said. “We are challenging our speakers to break new ground in their respective areas of expertise, while sharing ideas that will make a real difference to the women and girls of Texas and around the globe. We want to challenge our audience to create their own meaningful change in their communities after the December 6 event is over.”
TEDxTurtleCreekWomen is one 150 independently organized TEDx events around the world.
Health Wildcatters will be hosting a watching party at the Tech Church, as one the accelerator’s recent graduates, Lamarque Polvado of CareStarter, will be speaking. Details on the watching party can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/228787287292507
For more information visit http://www.tedxturtlecreekwomen.org/
The TEDxTurtleCreekWomen 2013 presenters
• Mindy Audlin is the founder and Spiritual Leader for SpiritualityToday.TV, a non-denominational
ministry bringing a contemporary spiritual message to the mainstream.
• Brooke Boyarsky is a 2013 Harvard Business School MBA grad, where her class was intently
studied by school officials regarding gender roles. A native Texan, she returned to Dallas to work for
a large, international consulting firm.
• Phyllis Cole is the mother of 7-year-old triplets with 15 years of experience in publishing who
currently serves as Senior Vice President and General Manager of CultureMap Dallas.
• Catherine Cuellar serves as executive director of the Dallas Arts District, the largest contiguous
cultural neighborhood in the United States, which serves as the world headquarters of the Global
Cultural District Network.
• Shama Kabani is the Founder and CEO of The Marketing Zen Group and business strategist for the
• Tammy Kling works with the homeless and gang members, through a life skills writing workshop
designed for restoration of individuals and families.
• Eve Mayer is the author of Get it Girl Guide to Online Dating and Sextiquette. She is a divorced
Mom, a CEO and a humorist.
• Karen McCrocklin is on a mission to celebrate the gift of being gay. She is a filmmaker, radio host,
and community activist.
• Jeff McKissack is a noted authority in the field of crime prevention with a unique background in
both the psychological as well as physical aspects of personal defense.
• Jacqueline Moore is a professor of history at Austin College and advocate for general education
reform in the American higher education system.
• Kimberly Olson opened doors for women as one of the first female pilots in the military. As a retired
U.S. Colonel, author and CEO/President of Grace After Fire, an organization for women Veterans,
she advocates to influence policy on behalf of thousands of women veterans.
• Lamarque Polvado is the executive director of the Connections Project, which is focused on
changing the way we diagnosis kids with disabilities, and founder of the tech startup CareStarter
focused on improving the delivery of healthcare information.
• Tina Slinker was a pioneer in women’s athletics as a member of the first professional women’s
basketball league and now serves as Athletic Director at the Hockaday School. After experiencing
loss on many levels, she talks about how to live a more powerful life in the face of adversity.
• Thelma Wells broke barriers in the motivational/public speaker industry as the first Black woman in
the South to organize her own international speaking and consulting company. She has more than 30
years of experience traveling around the globe talking to corporations and organizations, and
• Bethany Williams is a personal brand expert, powerhouse speaker, published author, CEO
‘whisperer’, and healthcare IT executive, passionate about helping women find their best path as they
strive to climb the corporate ladder.