Roberts Foster LLP continues its INSIGHTS seminar series next week with an event highlighting IP issues for entrepreneurs.
The event, hosted by The Grove, will cover the basics of intellectual property issues that entrepreneurs face as well as some common misconceptions.
It’s 100% free to attend and lunch will be provided, but you MUST pre-register for the event and space is limited!
Here are the full details from RobertsFoster.com:
This seminar focuses on Intellectual Property (IP) issues for startups and will take you through a high level overview of patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret topics. In addition, issues associated with confidentiality in a co-working space, recent changes in patent law that make it even more important to proactively file patent applications and a discussion debunking the most common misconceptions about IP issues will be addressed. Anna Benefiel, Licensing Associate in the Office for Technology Development at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, will be in attendance to present her view of the significant role IP plays in startups and transactions.
- David Foster, Partner at Roberts Foster LLP
- Anna Benefiel, Licensing Associate in the Office for Technology Development at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Date and Time: December 13, 2013; 11:30am-1pm (Lunch will be provided)
Location: The Grove; 501 Elm St, Suite 450, Dallas, TX 75202, 469-COWORK-1;grovedallas.com
- Why do I care about IP?
- Yes, you need an IP strategy
- But my corporate attorney told me it wasn’t patentable…
- Patents (Overview of the patent process/timing, Power and strategies of provisional applications, What a patent is not, Defensive/offensive/combination patents, First to file, Inventorship – ownership of IP)
- Trade dress
- Trade secret
- Investors and IP
- IP licensing
- Do’s and Don’ts of IP for the Entrepreneur
- Common misconceptions
* Disclosure: Roberts Foster LLP is a LAUNCH DFW Community Champion sponsor.