30 Sep HATCH Pitch Competition Great Opportunity for DFW Startups; APPLY NOW!!
The HATCH pitch competition will be coming to TechStreet Houston on November 20th. This is a great opportunity for DFW startups to get some stage time in front of a lot of investors and press. However, you need to apply ASAP! As in right now! Normal application period closes TODAY at 9pm!
Here are the details:
- Pitch at TechStreet Houston – Finalists will have approximately 4 minutes to pitch their revolutionary startup to a panel of experts and an influential audience. They will also field probing questions from judges on their product, market, business model, and more.
- Coaching – An experienced coach will provide one-on-one mentoring to selected participants prior to TechStreet Houston, assisting finalists in preparing for the competition.
- Education – Each finalist will receive access to online education to assist them in hatching their business plans and ensuring the best possible presentation at HATCH.
Key Dates and Milestones
- September 20, 2013 at 9:00 PM Central – Early Bird Application Period Closes (Applications received by this date will receive the most favorable review.)
- September 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM Central – Application Period Closes (All applications will be reviewed)
- October 10, 2013 at 9:00 PM Central – Late Application Period Closes (Your application may be reviewed)
- Mid-October – Finalists Selected
- Mid-Late October – One-on-one coaching begins
- November 20, 2013 – HATCHou pitch competition at TechStreet Houston
Reasons To Apply
- Focused exposure to investors and industry leaders as part of the judging & coaching process.
- Exposure to the tech savvy TechStreet Houston audience.
- Photo and interview opportunities with the attending press.
- Outstanding prizes.
How To Apply
Complete and submit the online application prior to this year’s submission deadline.
The information in your Application is not published on the HATCH web site.
Judges will be evaluating HATCH candidates and finalists on:
- How revolutionary is the idea? What impact will it make on the world?
- What’s the product? What problem does it solve and for whom?
- What’s the market?
- What’s great about the startup founders and team?
- How scalable is the product? How will the business make money (or non-profit sustain itself)?
- Judge’s own criteria for making investments.
In order to compete in HATCH, finalists must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A company’s product / service must have launched no earlier than January 1, 2011.
- A company’s product / service must not be launched after June 30, 2014.
- Companies will be allowed to submit only one product / service to HATCH. Companies who submit more than one product / service will not be eligible to participate.
- Founders of the applying startup must retain some portion of ownership in the company to be eligible to participate.
- Must not have raised over two million in funds from combined funding sources.
- The presenter must actively participate in the educational and coaching components of HATCH.
- Each startup is to be represented by two individuals and are in attendance at check-in time on November 20, 2013 at the event venue in Houston, TX. At the designated time, one person will present the startup while the other person will operate the accompanying pitch deck. (HATCH will provide two badges to attend the event.)
- Present their pitch using the official software and laptop(s) designated by HATCH.
- Sign any necessary video or similar releases that may be made available.