06 Mar Tech Wildcatters’ 2013 Spring Class of Startups: Meet the 11 Teams
It’s that time of year again – a buzz of excitement is pervading throughout the DFW tech ecosystem as our very own Forbes Top 10 startup accelerator, Tech Wildcatters, announces their next class of startups they’ve accepted for the Spring term.
This is Tech Wildcatters’ fifth class since inception since 2010. Notable companies that have made their way through include The Brand Protection Agency, Mobestream Media (Key Ring App), Koupon Media, PayTap, Yoo Lotto, Socialyzer, and Order Mapper.
The energy and momentum that Tech Wildcatters creates each time they announce a new class is second to none; it’s proof that DFW is a force to be reckoned with and allows our community to nod in unison with satisfaction, as if to say to the rest of Texas and the nation, “Yeah, we know we’re making real progress. Here’s the proof.”
We are all looking forward to this next class and have high expectations for them given the successful alumni that precede them. Come meet them in person at the Startup Happy Hour tomorrow at 5:30 p.m.! Details here.
The class is made up of the following teams:
- HedgeChatter: Hedge Chatter correlates Social Media Financial Chatter to Stock Price.
- CrowdFeed: CrowdFeed is the app you’ll have open at every concert. a mobile app platform turning live music events into fully immersive social experiences, allowing crowds to engage deeper with performances at concerts and festivals in real-time.
- Klick Push: Klick Push is an advertising technology that leverages music to increase online advertising conversion while enhancing consumer engagement.
- SmokePhone: SmokePhone is a communication management tool with a suite of features that enables you to engage your business contacts more effectively.
- GroupRaise: GroupRaise’s mission is to help charitable organizations -and individuals- raise funds for the causes they care about.
- SocialGlimpz: Embracing the evolving consumer landscape, SocialGlimpz delivers a dynamic question/answer platform that makes the gathering of insightful market data simple, social and instantaneous.
- Talentize: Talentize is a platform to help talented people get discovered. Using cutting edge crowd and social technology, Talentize allows models, actors and athletes as well as non-traditional talent, showcase their skills and monetize their skills.
- Little Dress Book: Little Dress Book is OpenTable for the wedding industry. They provide an easy-to-use online platform where brides can search for vendors and book appointments that are instantly confirmed.
- ScribeSense: ScribeSense is an online service that digitizes handwritten documents using advanced image processing algorithm.
- Secure PressID: Establishes a person’s identity on touch screen devices with an affordable and easy to use solution that is highly resistant to impersonation.
- 501 Fund: A fundraising platform for non-profits, where communities identify the demand and merchants compete for communities’ current spending. They monetize social action, not social media and they incentivize it to keep happening.
Check out their logos on Tech Wildcatters’ blog here.