Big in Japan has announced that their latest version of the popular shopping app, Shop Savvy, is available in the iTunes store for all iPhone & iPod touch users.
The update brings a UI refresh as well as improved barcode scanning and other new features. Check out the video below!
Summary from the ShopSavvy blog:
New features in ShopSavvy 4 include:
- 5x faster scanning. ShopSavvy 4 offers scanning that’s five times faster than any previous version of ShopSavvy for iPhone, with the ability to scan barcodes from any angle. It makes it easier than ever to scan every item before you buy it.
- Add and share product photos and prices. When users find a product, price or retailer that’s not already in ShopSavvy’s price comparison engine, they can instantly add it – taking the product’s photo and adding the price, store name, and other descriptive information. ShopSavvy 4 filters user submissions to optimize accuracy.
- Add and share product ratings and reviews. In previous versions of ShopSavvy, users could scan books, DVDs, consumer electronics and other products to call up third-party online reviews. In ShopSavvy 4, users can add their own ratings and reviews — and share them with the universe of ShopSavvy users.
- Instant sharing on Facebook and Twitter. Find a hot deal? Tell all your friends on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks with a tap of your screen.
- Search by product name. When you want to compare prices without using your scanner, ShopSavvy 4 lets you search by product name, adding as-you-type suggestions to help you find your product fast.
- Streaming deals. ShopSavvy 4 offers a Twitter-like stream of special deals and short-term promotions aggregated from sources across the Web, as well as exclusive deals for ShopSavvy users.
- Find out retailer price-matching policy and if items are in stock. ShopSavvy 4 lets you know if the store where you’re scanning will match the lowest price. ShopSavvy 4 also tells you if products are in stock at nearby stores.
- Highly targeted advertising. For advertisers, ShopSavvy 4 now offers AdOns®, — highly targeted advertising, coupons, warranty offers, and promotions at the point of highest purchase intent, when users are standing in a retail store with a potential purchase in hand. AdOns combine location- and product-specific data to deliver precise marketing content to users.
To download ShopSavvy 4 in the iTunes Stores, visit http://bit.ly/shopsavvyiphone.
Comments are closed.